The safety and welfare of our community of colleagues, clients and customers is our absolute priority throughout this time of uncertainty and in line with UK government advice, we wanted to assure you that we are able to continue operating during the recently announced third lockdown and continue to adhere to strict social distancing and hygiene practices, both in our offices and across all our business activity.
In accordance with Government Guidelines and restrictions moving home is permitted. The message to the housing industry states that: "Estate and letting agents and removal firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings."
"Buying, selling and renting a home can continue, in a COVID-secure way, as it has in recent months. Estate and letting agents can operate, show homes and sales suites can remain open and property viewings, mortgage valuations and surveys can take place.
In practical terms, this includes the following precautions:"This is in addition to the previous message issued on 05.11.2020 and should be read in conjunction with this message, which we repeat below:
- All visits to our offices are on an appointment-only basis
- Initial viewings should be carried out virtually, where possible
- When carrying out face-face viewings, only members of two households should be present at the property at one time
- Members of the public who are visiting an agent's office or viewing a property should wear a suitable face covering unless they are exempt from this requirement and this should be confirmed with the agent before arrival
- Anyone with concerns should contact the agent in advance of their visit to discuss appropriate measures
Extra flexibility also needs to be allowed with timings in case of a party contracting COVID-19 and needing to isolate and with delays with obtaining documents during the sales process, ie: local property searches, bank valuations, etc.
Specific guidance has also been provided to letting properties which apply to repairs, maintenance, health & safety and possession proceedings.
If you have any queries or would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.